The question is what spiritual contract are you writing today, Life or Knowledge?
Please read on, I will explain.
The Garden of Eden is characterized by;
– The presence of God
– Void of Iniquity & sin
– Direct communion between God and man
– God given dominion to man over the earth and it’s riches.
Garden of Eden I (Adam and Eve)
Genesis 2:9 “And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.”
Genesis 2:17“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
Jesus once said that you shall know his followers by the fruits the bear in the context “a good
tree cannot bear bad fruit neither can a bad tree bear good fruit’. Therefore a good tree borne of good doctrines will bear good fruits.
In the same nature in the original Garden of Eden, the tree of Life represented Jesus Christ and the doctrine of truth, while the tree of Knowledge represented satan and a doctrine of lies and natural wisdom.
Adam and Eve chose to write the spiritual contract of the tree of Knowledge which led to the original human Sin. Sin does not meet the criteria for the Garden of Eden then they were thrown out of the Lord’s presence.
Garden of Eden II (Moses, the Law & the Israelites)
Exodus 20:18-19“And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.”
Exodus 33: 9-11“And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses. And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.”
Man in God’s infinite plan got another chance at returning to the Garden of Eden. Again the Israelites rejected the presence of God by;
– Rejecting direct communion with the Father and asked Moses to be the point of contact.
– Rejected the Ten Commandments and kept not the statues of God.
– Worshipped Idols
– Lacked faith to take dominion of Canaan; and Wondered forty years in the wilderness on a journey take would take 11days.
The Israelites wrote a contract of the tree of Knowledge, yet God in his infinite mercy had even better plans for us as the LAW as delivered by Moses did not have redemptive power for Israel.
Garden of Eden III (Jesus Christ, Birth/Death/resurrection, the Pentecost)
1 Corinthians 11:24-26 “And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.
Hebrews 8:9-11 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
God came in form of man through our Lord Jesus, sinless and through the His shed blood on the cross, and resurrection was able to redeem mankind. This is true because:
– In been Sinless was able to restore the presence of God.
– In been Sinless was the first man to write the contract of the Tree of Life.
– Revoked the power of death and the consequences of sin.
– Restored dominion of over the earth to man through his resurrection.
– Gave everyman the ability and faith through his shed blood to write the contract of the Tree of Life.
– Sent us the Holy Spirit, the presence of God, to enable write the Contract of the Tree of Life through his Word (Bible) and his shed Blood.
– With the Holy Spirit in our hearts we able to communion directly with the Father.
– The contracts are not personal, everyman must write his own contract, and through Love that proceeds from the Father we are called to be our brother’s keeper.
My friend you can see the Christ’s redemption is not about religion rather LIFE. Please let us seek to write the contract of Life.
Nature of sin and the tempter
Matthew 4:1-11; The Temptation of Jesus
Temptation really only falls into three patterns, same Jesus endured when tempted in the wilderness, understand it and be wise:
1. We are tempted to walk in the flesh; Conscious of what is wrong with us, Lust and desires of the world, only seek that you can see. It is a way of thinking, diseased condition of the soul which leads to bad decisions and emotions.
2. Seek to do our own will: Selfish ways, we are alone in this world and only what I want matters.
3. Seek our own Glory: We are our own strength and there is no creator. We are responsible to our successes, “We are the Man”. We are gods, we rock.
Sons of God seek to carry their Crosses and follow Jesus by:
1 Walking in the Spirit: Living according to the Word of God, led by the Holy Spirit and in total obedience to Christ.
2 Seeking only to do the Will of God: As said in the Lord’s Prayer “Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”. Surrendering to the Holy Spirit and the shed blood of Christ.
3 Giving all Glory to the Father in Heaven: Nothing we do is of our own strength but proceeds from the Father in Heaven. We must give him thanks in all things for it is the will of the Father. Rejoicing always for we have a shepherd that will never forsake us, for it is said “Everything works for God for those who server the Lord”. So rejoice and be glad even when things seem gloomy, for you know not what the Lord does on your behalf. He is perfect and Almighty, you better to trust your life and decisions with all faith.
So now Blessed,
What Spiritual Contract are you writing today?
Note: Remember It is a personal contract, non-transferable but revocable through God given freewill.