Matthew 16: 18-19 “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Luke 17:21 “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
Deuteronomy 30:6 “And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.”
I once asked the Lord Jesus, “where is your church?”, perplexed with what I saw in the organized church. The Lord replied “My church is alive and well”. The Lord took me through a few pointers on how to recognize His True Church:
- They are led of the Holy Spirit, often seeming invisible as their actions are often hidden from plain sight. The Holy Spirit is the Head through which Christ leads his Church. The fruits of the spirit are the Spirit and the fruits of men are fleshly (the true church cannot be led by men, it is impossible for men, only possible through the Holy Spirit).
- The Holy Spirit instructs each one, executing the masterpiece plan of God through them. James 3:17 “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated (entreated), full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy”
- They wear the glory that can only be given by the Father; they do not wear the glory of men. With spiritual eyes the difference is very visible.
- They have come into a spiritual fast only the Holy Spirit can initiate; body fast is great but comes short for the endtimes battle.
- They wear the testimony of Christ Jesus, having denied themselves of any ambition. As the Book of Revelation 12:11 says “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the” The word of their testimony is the testimony of Jesus Christ (old and new testament; the whole bible).
- The leadership embrace the sufferings and cup of Christ in total servanthood; serving in total humility as unto Christ himself towards each body member. Our master Christ Jesus humbled himself unto death, ministering unto us in lowly submission as unto The Father.
- Fellowship is Spirit within to Spirit within; no jealously, no strife, no battles. Same Holy Spirit as deep to deep commune.
Here are the Keys of the Kingdom as they were given to Peter the disciple:
- Focus on The Word Christ Jesus (the bread of Life) alone do not let circumstances make you doubt. Matthew 14:31 “And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”
- Out of the Tongue comes the issues of life. Matthew 15:18 “But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.”
- All revelation and good things comes from the Father in Heaven; seek them. Matthew 16:17 “And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”
- Seek the voice of Christ in patience, faith and stillness, do not fear but Listen. The Father says “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.” We have a cloud of witnesses and angels cheering and helping us unto victory; we are not alone even when we visibly seem to be. Matthew 17:7 “And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.”
- Fast and Prayer; come into the fast and prayer of rest in the Holy Spirit, a spiritual fast. Matthew 17:21 “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”
- Provision through instruction of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 17:27 “Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.”
- God forgave us through Christ Jesus so forgive others. Matthew 18:22 “Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.”
- With God, all things are possible. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, there is an endowment for every required obedience. Matthew19:26 “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
- Forsaking all things for Christ Jesus; denying ourselves, and carrying our cross for Christ, seek his plan. Matthew19:29 “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”
- Do not be offended in Christ Jesus, watch and pray with Christ in hour of prayer; the hour of destinies present and future. Matthew 26:40 “And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?”
There is much to be learnt from the Keys of the Kingdom as held for us by the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the Kingdom of God. It is impossible to be of the Kingdom without the Holy Spirit working in us. The Holy Spirit is the pearl Christ talked about that a man sold all he had to possess. It is by these keys we abide in Christ and fellowship with the Holy Spirit, by these keys the gates of hell shall not prevail against us.
We are the new temple of God housing the Holy Spirit, not made of dead wood housed in stone, but a living soul rejoicing unto the Father.