“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)”
“And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”
“And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.”
“Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.”
“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.”
“In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.”
I had been pondering a lot on our Lord Jesus’s words, especially those that pertain to the end times, often wondered if there was an in-depth exposure to what our Lord Jesus called the Abomination of Desolation. As I prayed about it, since like most I would really want to understand where we stand in proximity to the end times. After doing a revision of Daniel the prophet in Daniel 9:7, Daniel 12:11 and Daniel 11:31, I realized that once had such an abomination been setup by Antiochus (Antiochus IV (Epiphanes), the king of Syria, captured Jerusalem in 167 B.C. and desecrated the Temple by offering the sacrifice of a pig )when he offered a pig and now again in these end times will the Antichrist desecrate the shortly to be rebuilt temple (it is expected that through negotiations, the Moslem Dome and the new Jewish Temple will both stand on the temple mount; which will be considered a mutually accepted pact since both hold claims to the mount, therefore acceptable co-existence).
Still compounded with little insight, I went to the revealer of all Truth, who else but our Dear Holy Spirit. He pointed me to Ezekiel 8 & 9, and asked me to read the whole chapter as it represented a profound exposé of the Abomination of desolation. It took me while to grasp the truths as the Lord God showed Ezekiel modern day Israel with resounding vivacity. So let us closely examine Ezekiel 8 and the secrets of the Modern day it holds (abridged explanations):
• Ezekiel 8:3-4 “And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy. And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.”:
This refers to the image of the Moslem Dome at the Temple Mount and the Moslem Crest; Damascus Gate. For those who have visited Israel, the Glory of God can still be felt strongly at the Wailing Wall (western wall).
• Ezekiel 8:5-6 “Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.”:
This is the precise position of the Moslem Dome in respect to the Jewish Temple: at the Gate of the Altar Northward.
• Ezekiel 8:7 “And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.”:
In very recent years some Rabbis dug a Hole in the wall to locate the Ark. There is equally a Hole (Room) by the wall where Rabbis worship. The pangs Jesus mentioned have started, on Feb 17, 2008; a large hole opened up on the Temple Mount during 5.1 Richter scale Earthquake (Haiti was 7.0).
• Ezekiel 8:10-11 “So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about. And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.”:
These are false incense which seeks to redeem Israel through financial dominion notably for over the past 2 or 3 centuries and have forgotten Jehovah. Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan may refer to his descendant.
• Ezekiel 8:14 “Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD’s house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.”
Jeremiah 44:17 “We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our fathers, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm.”:
Tammuz is similar and often the same with the Queen of Heaven (lower Heaven of course), a bad doctrine that has found its way to some Christian denominations where they have substituted this demon with Mary as deceitful motif; Jeremiah speaks extensively about the this demon called the queen of heaven, matching it to this deceitful portrayal of Mary; this is a great warning by Jeremiah.
• Ezekiel 8:16 “ And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD’s house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.”:
Here Ezekiel talks about 25 men who were worshipping the Sun to the East; this refers to 25 Moslem Nations (there is a list of the 25) that hold unto the Dome of the Mount as seen today. This gives us the location of the Jewish Temple, as these men backed the temple of the Lord; often they worship in an open space between the 2 mosques facing east and backing the Temple of the Lord.
• Ezekiel 8:17 “Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.”:
Here the Lord illustrates how Israel had returned from Exile, post 1948, with the land filled with violence and returned to provoke Adonai to anger. It says “they put the branch to their nose”, The ”Branch” as in Jeremiah 23:5 and Isaiah 4:2 is Jesus Christ, which means they hold the message of the Savior Jesus Christ as if to the nose in examination and contempt. These events are all post 1948.
• Ezekiel 9:3 “And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house.”:
This explains why we feel a strong Presence and Glory of Adonai at the Wailing Wall; Glory lifted from the Cherub to the Threshold of the House.
• Ezekiel 9:4 “And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.”:
This represents the marking of the foreheads 144,000 chosen of the Tribes of Israel as mentioned in Revelation 14:1. This event is not too far off.
The message Adonai gave to Ezekiel is definitely a clear depiction of Jerusalem today, it is such a vivid account of today in all aspects. In no other time in History have all these factors come together as portrayed in Ezekiel 8, which is today and Ezekiel 9 which is not too far tomorrow, almost as if it was upon us.
Let us get our lives, families, churches in order. The Five foolish Virgins did not have enough oil; they thought that the oil in their lamps was adequate; the Five wise Virgins had their Oil overflowing. If we do not have the Holy Spirit and the Love of God overflowing in us, then we would be like the Five foolish Virgins. When we overflow we will always have extra, when we do not overflow we rapidly use up what we have kept selfishly.
Heavenly Father, fill us with the Holy Spirit unto overflowing in Jesus name, AMEN.