Genesis 32:28 “And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.”
Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
Isaiah 10:8 “For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?”
Daniel 8:25 “And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.”
Acts 5:31 “Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Revelation 1:5 “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,”
1 Chronicles 29:23 “Then Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.”
The name “Israel” over centuries has been given many meanings which include:
• The Prince of God
• God rules
• Triumphant with God
• Someone whose name is unknown or unspecified (Israel Israeli)
During history, the Lord God has been called by many names as specified in the Holy Bible, the Lord Jesus Christ promised to give certain churches his new names as He often calls His faithful by his own name. So was the case of Jacob, the Lord God gave Jacob His own name “Israel” “The Prince of God”, for in its final fulfillment Christ would come to take over His throne, and inherit the name “Israel”.
Before time began, The Lord Israel and Christ Jesus was one and the same; Israel is another name for “The only and foremost Prince of God”. In light of the name, Israel as a nation was never supposed to have a king, for the throne only belong to God; even David and Solomon acknowledged that they sat on the throne of God as mediators between God and Man (contending for man).
The true owner/fulfillment of the name “Israel” is the Messiah Jesus, the mediator between God and man, the true contender, the only one triumphant with God.
When we truly get the revelation that Yeshua the Messiah is Israel in all fulfillment, our take of history and the bible changes. For Instance:
- We understand why only Israel is an everlasting Kingdom; no other nation is everlasting, although its people can be drafted into Israel.
- The rage of the nations against Israel (natural and spiritual) is so evident as they seek to persecute Christ. Natural Israel will always have a remnant which is the root of the everlasting Kingdom, the root of the root is Jesus Christ.
- Rome and many empires renamed the Land of Israel before they could assert any form of victory. Expelling the people and removing the name to have spiritual dominance, as they believed that removing the name of Christ from the land and it was easy picking.
- Even the gorges in Jerusalem spell out a clear Yahweh imprinted on the land, and Yahweh is Jesus Christ. The bible says in The Book of John, that He came unto His own and they knew Him not.
- The principalities of Satan hate the name Israel, and through the generations have urged that the name be never used, as they cannot pronounce the name without anguish.
- Today Jerusalem still has the greatest concentration of Yahweh’s angels even though events may suggest otherwise. God never left Israel, the bond is with Christ and through Christ, even though a hidden revelation.
- Israel through a remnant and the spiritual in-drafting of believers in Christ from all nations is an assured everlasting kingdom as the nations rage in vain. The current events raise no panic for those who know the true Israel, Yeshua the Messiah.
Expounding on this revelation could take pages, Israel is a fulfillment in Christ Jesus. I pray the Holy Spirit enlarges the revelation to give us strength and understanding in these last days, that the peace and victory of Christ rest assuredly in us.